EdMedia Social Events
Special Interest Group (SIG) Meetings
- Join colleagues for a Special Interest Group meeting. All attendees welcome to join a SIG (or both!)
- For more information and SIG descriptions, please visit: aace.org/conf/edmeda/sigs.
- Wednesday – SIG Meeting: Emerging Tech. for Learning & Teaching
- Thursday – SIG Meeting: Emerging Scholars/Graduate Students
- Friday – SIG Meeting: Learning Design
- If this is your first time to EdMedia, join for this fun opportunity to meet fellow attendees and members of the Executive Committee!
Complimentary Topics Lunch!
- Register now to join your attendees each day for the complimentary topics lunch! Tables will be displayed with the following topics and open seating for attendees to enjoy some networking, connecting, and conversations over the following topics:
- E-learning Scenarios (Blended Learning, Flipped Classroom)
- Engagement & Motivation
- Mobile Learning
- Learner Analytics
- Online Assessments
- Big Data
- Social Software (Collaborative Learning)
- “Sorry, I can’t chat. I have to finish my presentation” 🙂
- Daily pre-registration is required.
EdMedia 2018 Welcome Party!
- All attendees & a guest welcome to join as we welcome you to EdMedia 2018!
- DJ, drinks mingling, and hors d’oeuvres!
Research/Technical Showcases & Pecha Kucha Presentations
- Informal and popular venue for exchanging ideas!
- With snacks & cash bar
- All attendees welcome
- Pecha Kucha is the Japanese word for “chit-chat”. Watch as specially selected poster presenters have less than 7 minutes to present their findings in 20 slides! Award given to best presentation!
Emerging Scholar SIG Social Event!
- Join with fellow grad students and local D.C. Executive Committee Members for a social night out on the town!
- Meet in the hotel lobby for departure.
Closing Lunch Reception
All attendees are welcome to attend a free plated lunch reception to close out our time
together in Amsterdam. We’ll also have a special invitation to EdMedia 2019 in Amsterdam!
- FREE to attend but pre-registration is required.