EdMedia Emerging Scholar Stream
Did you know that EdMedia + Innovate Learning hosts a ‘conference within a conference’
specifically for Ph.D. candidates, Masters students, and new faculty?
The Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) is proud to offer a special stream of talks, clinics, discussions and social events specifically tailored for emerging scholars and graduate students, at the EdMedia conferences. Each day will provide the opportunity for discussions, informal conversations, and social opportunities at the end of the day.
The stream will also appeal to supervisors, advisors, early career researchers and others interested in the conduct of research in educational technology fields. This stream has several activities designed to give you a rich and meaningful experience in the conference.
The ESS includes:
- Special Scholar Keynote Address & Coffee Chat
- A series of presentations and seminars on topics such as:
- Tips for Completing your Dissertation
- Getting Published in Academic Journals
- CV’s: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Training Students to be Their Best Selves Online
- Designed-Based Research
- Mobile Learning
- Writing for Grant Proposals
- Social networking opportunities through AcademicExperts to facilitate discussion during and after the conference, and a dedicated Twitter stream #EmergingScholars
- A special Emerging Scholar Reception to welcome you, and to provide opportunities to mix with other students and researchers
- Daily social activities, discussions, and informal gathering with other emerging scholars and the Edmedia Executive Committee
- An Outstanding Paper award presented to a paper where the author (or first named author) is a student.
- Help or feedback on your presentation slides provided every day by the EdMedia planning group member during the “Presentation Help-Sessions”
- On-going networking and social interactions among research peers and experts in the conference
You can attend as many of these sessions as you wish, and move freely between these sessions and the full conference.
Did you know?
- AACE and EdMedia offer this program as a service to graduate students by presenting high quality, research training opportunities.
- The Emerging Scholar Stream program is available for registered attendees at the EdMedia Conference. Special registration is not required to attend the Emerging Scholar Stream!
- Your home institution might consider structuring a readings/seminar course or independent study contract for you that includes attendance at these and other EdMedia sessions as part of the course requirements.
- You may be able to use the Emerging Scholar sessions to gain credit towards your degree.